Save More with Pag-IBIG MP2 Savings Program
Having a passive income aside from your work or business may take you a long way these days, especially when it comes to having and enjoying financial independence.
Passive income is defined as an investment that allows you to generate money while you sleep or, more commonly, an income stream that is largely automated. With passive income, you make an initial capital investment, usually in the form of a stock, mutual fund, or other equity-based vehicles, and then obtain an ownership share in that investment, from which you earn dividends or other forms of recurring income.
THE BENEFITS OF PASSIVE INCOME
There are many people who want to save money and get more out of life without working, but this may not always be possible because they don’t know how or where start; however with Pag-IBIG MP2 passivity comes rewards.
ATTAIN FINANCIAL OBJECTIVES FASTER
Because passive income increases your money, you will reach your financial goals faster than if you only relied on your day job. This would spare you from working overtime and give you more time to do the things you’ve always wanted to do, such as spend time with family, learn a new skill, or even plan for your new investment or business. All of this without worrying about when to schedule your overtime to optimize your profits.
Learning is required to obtain a passive income. You must conduct your own research, identify strong mentors, and attend seminars.
CONSISTENT FLOW OF INCOME
Passive income can give you an additional source of income because you can work your way to financial freedom depending on the size of your portfolio.
PAG-IBIG MP2 Savings
Passive income in the Philippines can be obtained through rental properties, fixed income securities, peer-to-peer lending or microlending, dividend investing, high yield savings accounts, cryptocurrency mining, and government-sponsored schemes such as PAG-IBIG MP2 Savings.
WHAT IS PAG IBIG MP2 SAVINGS?
The MP2 Savings Program is a government-guaranteed savings program for Pag-IBIG participants who want to save more and receive better returns than the ordinary Pag-IBIG Savings Program. MP2 Savings Program is tax-free dividends with up to a 7% annual dividend rate and has a five-year maturity period.
The money that you save through MP2 Savings Program is being used by Pag-IBIG to fund its investments. As mandated by its charter, Pag-IBIG Fund invests at least 70% of its investible money in housing financing. It also buys government bonds and business bonds.
You can have numerous accounts with the MP2 Savings Program, and if your MP2 Savings reach the 5-year maturity term, you can re-apply for a new MP2 Savings Account.
When your MP2 Savings mature, you can collect them at any time. If unclaimed, your MP2 Savings will continue to collect dividends depending on the dividend rates of the Pag-IBIG Fund Regular Savings Program for another two years. It will no longer earn dividends after the specified term and must be withdrawn or claimed.
Who is eligible for the MP2 Savings Program?
- Members of the Pag-IBIG Fund who are active; and
- Former Pag-IBIG Fund members with a monthly source of income and/or pensioners of any age with at least the equivalent of 24 monthly savings
How to enroll in MP2 Savings Program?
There are two methods to sign up for the MP2 Savings Program. The first is through the Pag-IBIG website or e-services, and the second is by the submission of a validly completed Modified Pag-IBIG II Enrollment Form to the Members Services Office (MSO)/ Branch Servicing Counter.
To enroll in Pag-IBIG e-services, do the following steps:
1. Go to the website and fill out your information.
To begin your MP2 Savings Program journey, go to its e-services website (https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/MP2Enrollment/) and fill out the following information:
- Pag-IBIG MID Number (12-digit MID)
- Last Name
- First Name
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY format)
2. Enter the necessary information, such as:
-Monthly Contribution Desired
You can set a minimum monthly savings of Php 500.00 or a greater monthly savings amount.
-Dividend Payout Preference
Choose whether you want your dividends paid out annually or every five years (End-Term).
Choose a payment method:
- Deduction from Salary
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) (OTC)
- Using any of the approved Pag-IBIG Collecting Partners
Choose a funding source:
- Earnings from Employment
- Property Purchase
- Share Sale or Other Investment
- Company For Sale
- Profits/Dividends of the Company
- Policy on Maturity/Life Surrender
- Other Sources of Income
3. Take Note of your MP2 Details
Your MP2 Enrollment and 12-digit MP2 Account Number will be created as a PDF file. Make sure you save a duplicate of these vital facts.
4. Begin Paying Off Your MP2 Account Savings
You can begin making payments on your monthly or one-time MP2 savings. Please keep in mind that the commencement of your 5-year term will be the day of your first payment.
You can pay for your Pag-IBIG donation using the following channels
- Pag-IBIG branch
- Pag-IBIG (Virtual Pag-IBIG)
- Centers for payment such as Bayad Center, M Lhuillier, and Cebuana
- Credit card
- App Coins.ph
- 7-Eleven Stores Accepting ECPay
You can also pay through Virtual Pag-IBIG Pay Online. Simply visit the Virtual Pag-IBIG Pay Online website (https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/virtualpagibig/OPF.aspx?PT=M2) and provide the following details:
-Program Type- MP2 Savings (MODIFIED PAG-IBIG II)
-Membership Category- Where you can choose whether you are a local or overseas member.
Accepted Payment Method via Virtual Pag-IBIG Pay Online are the following:
- Credit Card
- Paymaya or Gcash
GCASH utilize internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox for GCash transactions. Certain browsers, including Internet Explorer, are unable to support transactions on this platform.
Also, please do note that PayMaya and Credit card has convenience fee. This fee will depend on the the payment method that you choose:
- Via PayMaya: Flat fee of five pesos (PHP 5.00)
- Via credit card: 1.75% of the amount to be contributed.
- MP2 Savings Account No.
- Member’s Name
- MP2 Savings (PHP)
- Period Covered From
- Period Covered Duration
- Period Covered To
- Amount Due (PHP)
- Convenience Fee (PHP)
- Total Amount Due (PHP)
When the transaction is complete, a confirmation will be shown to you, as well as sent to you through SMS and email, if you chose any of these options earlier.
If you want to process your application in any Pag-IBIG branch you simply need to bring your completed MP2 Savings Application form to your local Pag-IBIG Fund Branch, together with the following:
-Valid identification card such as:
- Passport, issued by the Philippine or Foreign Government
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- Social Security System (SSS) Card
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) eCard
- Government Office and GOCC ID (e.g. AFP ID, Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card)
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB)Company ID
- Driver’s License
- Senior Citizen Card
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) ID
-Passbook or ATM Card for your designated bank account
-You may obtain a copy of the MP2 Savings Application form online.
How Much Money Can You Save Using the MP2 Savings Program?
The minimum MP2 savings is PhP500, and there is no limit to how much you may save in the MP2 Savings Program; however, if you want to save more than PhP500,000, you must submit the amount by personal or manager’s check.
How Many Dividends Can You Save Using the MP2 Savings Program?
Your MP2 funds will receive tax-free dividends at a rate greater than the Pag-IBIG Fund Regular Savings Program payout rate.
MP2 dividends are calculated using no less than 70% of the annual net income of Pag-IBIG Fund. The average MP2 Dividend Rate for the last three years is 6.96 percent. Last year, the MP2 Dividend Rate was 8.11 percent, the highest it has ever been.
You have the choice of receiving your MP2 Dividends in one of the following ways:
- Following the completion of your MP2 Savings’ 5-year maturity term, with your MP2 Dividends compounded yearly;
- Through an annual payout of MP2 Dividends paid to your savings or check king account at any Pag-IBIG Fund authorized banks, such as the Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP), Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP), or other institutions that the Pag-IBIG Fund may accredit in the future. Members who choose yearly dividend distribution but do not have a Philippine bank account, particularly foreign members, will receive MP2 Dividends in the form of checks.
How to Deposit Money into Your Pag-IBIG MP2 Account
After completing your enrollment, you have three options for funding your Pag-IBIG MP2 Account: HR or payroll department of your workplace, E-Wallet payment, and online payment via Virtual Pag-IBIG.
You may have your human resources or payroll department take a percentage of your monthly salary and deposit it into your MP2 account automatically. To do so, ask your HR or Payroll colleagues whether such an alternative is accessible since it is really handy. There is no need to do it manually on a regular basis. You may also follow it from your monthly payslip as well as online at Virtual Pag-IBIG.
You may also use Gcash or Paymaya as an e-wallet. Paymaya’s Scan to Pay feature may be used to pay your monthly investment, whilst Gcash can transfer funds to your MP2 account by completing these steps:
1. Tap Pay Bills on the dashboard.
2. Select Government from the Biller Categories menu.
3. Select Pag IBIG from the list of billers.
4. Enter your Pag-IBIG MP2 account information:
- Pag-IBIG II Modified Savings
- Number of the account
- Covered Time Period From
- Period Covered To
- Contact information through email
5. Gcash will now need your confirmation before proceeding with the payment. Please keep in mind that completing this transaction will charge your Gcash five pesos in addition to your specified MP2 investment. To proceed, tap Confirm.
6. Gcash will now validate your payment by displaying the total amount debited from your Gcash account. Don’t forget to save a copy of this transaction by hitting the “Download” icon in the app’s upper-right corner.
Lastly, you can also pay through Virtual Pag-IBIG Pay Online. Simply visit the Virtual Pag-IBIG Pay Online website (https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/virtualpagibig/OPF.aspx?PT=M2) and provide the necessary details that they need to process the payment.
How can you check the status of your Pag-IBIG MP2 contribution online?
To verify your Pag-IBIG MP2 contribution online, simply go to Virtual Pag-IBIG and Log In. Click on the three parallel lines in the upper right corner of the virtual Pag-IBIG welcome page. Then, from the drop-down menu, choose MP2 Savings. Select the view option for the MP2 table. From there, you’ll be able to monitor your savings on an annual basis, allowing you to see how much interest your savings earned for the year as well as the overall amount of money you saved thus far. How can I check the status of my Pag-IBIG MP2 contribution online?
To verify your Pag-IBIG MP2 contribution online, simply go to Virtual Pag-IBIG and Log In. Click on the three parallel lines in the upper right corner of the virtual Pag-IBIG welcome page. Then, from the drop-down menu, choose MP2 Savings. Select the view option for the MP2 table. From there, you’ll be able to monitor your savings on an annual basis, allowing you to see how much interest your savings earned for the year as well as the overall amount of money you saved thus far.
Can you withdraw your Pag-IBIG MP2 investment back?
A member has the option to pre-terminate and withdraws his or her MP2 Savings. A member who elects to compound MP2 Dividends and then decides to terminate his/her MP2 Savings for reasons other than those listed below will be entitled to just half of the total dividends received. A member who chooses yearly MP2 Dividend distribution and then cancels his/her MP2 Savings for reasons other than those listed above will only get his/her complete savings.
The MP2 Savings can be withdrawn before maturity under the following conditions:
- Complete incapacity or insanity
- Discharge from service due to illness
- Death of the member or a member of his or her immediate family
- Retirement except when the MP2 Saver is already a retiree
- Permanent emigration from the nation
- Distressed member as a result of unemployment limited to layoffs and/or firm closure
- Critical sickness of the member or an immediate family member, as attested by a professional physician, subject to Pag-IBIG Fund approval.
- Return of an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) from the host nation
- Other worthy causes that the Pag-IBIG Fund may approve